Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Aluminum in the Pots!


These pots here are my main "stock"pots the same ones my grandmother used for all her cooking years ago. Now I am not advising anyone to use Aluminum pots I choose to use these sometimes. There has been for years stories of Aluminum and Alzheimer's and while I will not say for sure which is what I know while my grandmother died from it the connection is supposed to be fiction. I just enjoy the smell's of having a big pot of something cooking for hours on the stove. Right now it is a tasty ragu(no not out of the jar!) made out of meatballs and pork I will probably post a good right up on that if anyone is interested. Personally though on pots I prefer my mother's gift to me a Faberware Stainless steel stock pot from the 70's the bottom of it is about as thick as manhole cover!
I ahve never been a huge cast iron fan while I do like using cast iron I am not an advocate for daily use as I have enough trouble maintaining a decent cutting board lol.(Actually I need a new one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment