Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The background picture is of myself on a beach off of the Hudson River near Kingston. I like this pic as I have spent thirty six of my forty one years living on or near this river. Having boated on it ,fished in it and swam in it you might get a clue to as why I like this picture it's not because of the guy in the hat (me).

  Anyhow I love to cook and most days cook from "scratch" meaning from ingredients like fresh vegetables,spices and meats etc. I admit though I don't always do so my grandmother cooked out of a can and there is nothing wrong with that for quick great meals. Even as a kid my mom would take short cuts or even buy some canned soup and tuna for Friday. However she did make about 2/3 thirds of her meals from "scratch" and still does today. I have started growing great veggies like squash and tomatoes over the last few years and my food in the summer and fall is so much better with vegetables or even fregetables when they are in season. I will post more recipes in the future this will be a weekly if not daily blog we'll see.

1 comment: